The Gruene Acres Web Design Process
Process of choosing a Web Designer, Developer & Marketing Firm:- excerpts from an article from EHOW.com
Web developers are responsible for creating the look and feel of a client's website. Web developers have numerous responsibilities and must have knowledge in a variety of areas and a strong understanding of how to combine new technology with creative innovations. Because this field is advancing, it's important for web developers to continually educate themselves on the latest software and ideas.
Before beginning the developmental process for a website, web developers meet with clients to discuss different ideas for the organization and layout of the site. During this meeting, a web developer and client discuss any important information relating to the content and images regarding the design of the website. If a client already has a concept for a website, it's up to the developer to carry out those ideas and create a website to the client's specifications. Once the graphic design of the website is agreed upon, the developer needs to gather the information, documents and images from the client.
Gruene Acres Web Design works with you every step of the way to make the initial process as flawless as possible. We have professionally trained web & graphic designers, SEO specialists, fantastic web hosting and seasoned customer service reps.
It's important for web developers to have excellent visual and verbal communication skills. For most individuals and companies, a website is a reflection of who they are and what they represent. Developers need to be able to listen closely to a client's ideas and vision and capture that essence on a web page. Because websites need constant updating and refreshing to remain current, developers need to establish long-term relationships with clients and be able to work under changing demands and tight deadlines.
Gruene Acres Web Design has a website maintenance specialist on staff to ensure your updates are done as received. We also work with the client with their industry magazines and social media to gain visibility on the web.
Web developers must have a strong understanding of hypertext markup language (HTML). HTML is the computer language that is used to create web pages for the Internet. It's essential that developers continue to update themselves on the current HTML extension--programs that make it possible to add special features. Web developers must know how to create web pages that can be viewed on all types of browsers and used on any type of servers, requiring an understanding of which browsers and servers work well together.
Gruene Acres Web Design creates websites in accordance with W3C, the World Wide Web Consortium. Our websites are tested in most used browsers including Internet Explorer (IE), Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and depending on the clients target market - Opera.
Web developers work in office settings, and spend the majority of their time meeting with clients or developing websites. Some web developers choose to work for design firms, while others decide to operate on a freelance basis. Becoming a web developer means constantly working at a fast pace and within a creative atmosphere. Individuals in this field may have to work long and irregular hours, while constantly developing novel ideas and approaches in this business.
Gruene Acres Web Design is a freelance firm. We started as web design only in 2003, celebrating 8 years of solid business in 2011. Now as a full service web, print and marketing firm we can offer our clients packages to save money and build the strengths of working with one company and a team that works around the clock for your success.
Most web developers have a background in graphic design, and have completed either a two-year associate's degree or a four-year college degree. While education isn't mandatory in this field, it can give prospective web developers a foundation in web developing and help individuals make business contacts that can further their career. While in school, students focus on a variety of web-design programs including Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, Adobe Illustrator and Paint Shop Pro. Graduates who complete a graphic-design program have a portfolio they can take with them on interviews or meetings with prospective clients.
Gruene Acres Web Design continually works to improve our "craft". The key team members attend regular industry meetings around the US for Search Engine Optimization, International Searching, and Adobe supported classes. Six members of our local team are members of AAMUG, an Adobe Users Group in San Antonio, TX. Please contact us for details.
Process of Building Dynamic Search Engine Friendly Websites:
- The initial contact via the telephone conversation to determine what you have in mind for your website.
- What kinds of information do you want on the site? How big do you think your site will be?
- Who are your users? Do you know which operating system and browser they are using?
- Will your site require regular updates? Would you like to make changes yourself?
- Will you be selling something?
- Will you need a database to store and retrieve information?
- Do you want to rely on search engines to send more traffic to your site?
- When do you need the job done?
- What is your budget?
- Next step is a person to person meeting to go over details or an extended phone conversation. During this meeting we will determine the answers to the above questions plus your preferences as to color, logo, and the general look of a website that you like.
- Websites you like or dislike
- Marketing Plan, etc.
- Target Market
- Brand Identity Goals
- How much time you plan to invest in your website development, update of content and marketing your new or redesigned website.
- We will send a mock up of your new or redesigned website for your approval. If you have additional thoughts as to the website look, now is the time to let us know.
- Once the design is approved, we create in a web friendly format. The website mock-up will be sent for final approval before we start laying down content.
- When we have received the following information from you we will start laying the content down.
- Gruene Acres Web Design will create your brand identity with your logo or create one for you.
- Keywords that define your business & target customer
- Pertinent Information for your web presence.
- Images, etc
- Content will be placed and the website will become interactive.
- You will be sent the preview to review and approve. We will then finish the site, completing the search engine optimization.
- Nearing the final steps, your site will be made live.
- Lastly your website will be submitted to the top three Search Engine Companies, at the time of this printing: Google, Yahoo & MSN's Bing. Depending on your market we keep a close watch on Yandex an up and coming SEO company for the US.